Chicago Boating Accident Lawyer
Chicago boating injuries
Last year, there were approximately 600 deaths resulting from boating accidents and over 2,500 injuries. These injuries resulted in almost $40 million dollars in damage.
Inattention by the boater, failure to lookout, inexperienced drivers, excessive speed and alcohol were the main causes of boating accidents and the types of boats with the highest percentage of deaths were motorboats, canoes and kayaks.
If you were injured in a boating accident in Chicago, you need a lawyer on your side to get a fair settlement from the insurance company. Don’t try to negotiate on your own. The personal injury attorneys at Dworkin & Maciariello have years of experience helping victims of boating wrecks. Call them at 888-779-4889 for a free initial consultation.
Our Chicago boat accident lawyers commonly deal with personal injuries involving:
- Jet Skis, Wave Runners & Other Personal Watercrafts
- Cabin Cruisers
- Kayaks, Paddleboards & Canoes
Our boating accident lawyers know all of the laws regarding boating in the state of Illinois. We’re experts in navigational rules and safety laws as well as in dealing with insurance companies to get you a fair settlement.
More about our Chicago boating accident lawyers
The boating accident lawyers at Dworkin & Maciariello have handled several boat accidents and maritime cases. We work hard to get you a fair settlement, and will even come to you if needed.
For people who were injured in a boating accident, a fun day at the lake can quickly turn in to a nightmare.
Some of the most common ways accidents occur are when:
- A boat is not of the proper size/power to handle the situation
- When the boat driver is inexperienced or not qualified to be responsible for the safety of others in the boat
- When the boaters fail to wear a life vest or other personal flotation device
The law regarding boating accidents is very complex as are negotiations with insurance companies. Our boating accident lawyers at Dworkin & Maciariello understand the ins and outs of the law and the insurance company.
We’ll fight to get you a settlement that includes monetary compensation for:
- Lost wages – the amount of money you lost by being unable to work during recovery
- Medical bills – the amount of money you need to pay your medical bills resulting from the incident
- Pain & suffering – money designated to compensate you for the pain and suffering, both physically and emotionally, you went through due the the accident
Dworkin & Maciariello have helped many people through the difficult recovery associated with their boating accident and we can help you too. We offer free, no commitment initial consultations 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call toll free at 888-779-4889 to claim yours.
There’s no commitment but our representatives will be able to advise you on whether, based on your injuries, you should pursue a lawsuit. It is important to know your rights as a victim before you sign anything or negotiate anything after a boating accident.
If you have been injured in a boating accident, call 312-754-8775 for help.